Help Us Go Above & Beyond
Many of us take for granted how easy it is to perform many activities in our daily lives. For people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, everyday tasks can be great challenges and may even bar the way to independence.
For more than 15 years, Heaven’s Hands has been helping people with developmental disabilities nurture their abilities, develop their self-confidence and find their unique paths to greater independence. These skills can include learning how to get dressed, preparing a simple meal or finding out how to navigate their community safely.
Help Remove Barriers to a Better Life
Heaven’s Hands helps people build the skills they need to realize their dreams. While government funding covers the basics of our programs, it also leaves many gaps. With your help, we can fill those gaps so the individuals we support can lead richer, fuller, more independent lives.
A critical part of increased independence for individuals with disabilities is engagement in their communities and access to useful technology. Unfortunately, government agencies rarely fund these investments in an individual’s independence, and many families simply can’t afford them.
With your help, we can provide:
- Technology that allows people with disabilities to improve their abilities to communicate and learn.
- Transportation to weekend activities that offer new opportunities for individuals to socialize.
- A week at camp to develop critical skills, as well as providing a much-needed break for parents and caregivers.
- Access to museums, theaters, and skating rinks to provide new experiences that would otherwise not be available.
Everyone wants comfort, convenience, and celebration in their lives, but sometimes, these are beyond their financial reach.
Help us provide:
- A new coat, a stroller, a window air conditioner for a child’s room to create the basic comforts that make life a little easier.
- Christmas tree trimmings, Kwanzaa kinara, a Channukah menorah or other items to bring warmth and cheer to individuals and their families.
Donating by Mail
Heaven’s Hands Community Services
882 Third Avenue, 10th Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11232